Everything in my life is pretty strict: diet, workout, kids’ work, household, job, etc… I make no exceptions and lead a very disciplined setup. However, there is this one thing…my one cheat…my guilty pleasure….Baileys! Well, specifically: Baileys and Kahlua. I am definitely not a huge drinker, but occasionally there are a few times when a drink is quite therapeutic for me. Being the sensible person I am, I know that ingesting considerable amounts of sugar and cream are not ideal. Therefore, I decided to make a (slightly better) alternative I can enjoy with less guilt, the paleo baileys. Now, this is by no means “healthy” and one should not drink it as such. You should still drink responsibly and only occasionally!
–by all means, you can also make this alcohol-free and drink it the night before a heavy lifting session as part of your CBL
- 2 Liter empty bottle
- 9 fresh, raw eggs
- 1.5 cups Vodka (whiskey, rum…whatever alcohol you prefer)
- 1 can(unsweetened) Coconut milk
- 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder
- 10-15 drops of stevia (definitely can be more or less, depending on how sweet you like it)
- Sugar-free caramel flavor
- 1 squirt of sugar-free chocolate syrup (optional – you may also use a heaping tbsp. of coco powder
- 1-2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp almond extract
* optional flavor additions includes:
- a few shots of espresso
- pumpkin spice
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, etc….
Easy Directions (if you have a big enough blender):
- Put everything into the blender and mix
- Pour into 2-liter bottle.
- Put everything (minus milk and alcohol) into the blender. Mix on low.
- Pour the mix into the 2-liter bottle.
- Add the milk, then add the alcohol.
- Shake and store in the fridge.