So often I hear complaints about needing something quick and easy and on-the-go. Well these little guys are perfect for any boat trip, beach day, picnic, car snack, work snack, or kid snack. This paleo snack travels well and is a favorite in my house. My kids enjoy them cold out of the fridge; however, I prefer to pop them in the microwave for two minutes for a warm snack. They are great with tomatoes slices on top, crumbled over a salad, or dipped in homemade ketchup, hot sauce, and/or mustard. They can also be enjoyed with a piece of cheese on the side or melted over the top. The best part is these snacks are super fast and super simple to create from start to finish!
- 2 lbs ground beef 80/20
- 1 large carrot
- 1 onion
Salt and pepper
Additions we like:
1. Drain any liquid from the ground beef and shred carrot. (We use my handy food processor for simplicity!)
Dice onions very small.
2. Throw everything into a mixing bowl with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. (Some people prefer to saute the veggies first; however, I find that with frying them, it really doesn’t need it. Of course, you can choose to do what you like best!).
3. Scoop out spoonfuls into a skillet and fry in oil (coconut, pig lard, extra light olive oil, tallow). Cook until brown on each side. OR bake on sheet in 350 degree oven for 30 min (or until ready).
Store in fridge for a week or in freezer for months (if they last!)!
Recipe Card Instructions:
2 lbs ground beef
Salt and pepper
- Shred carrots and dice onions.
- Throw everything into a mixing bowl with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop out spoonfuls into a skillet and fry in oil (coconut, pig lard, extra light olive oil, tallow). Cook until brown on each side. (or bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 min)
Store in fridge for a week or in freezer for months! These are one the handiest low carb paleo snacks I’ve made.